Thursday, February 18, 2010

There's More ???


I have to confess that until I started sharing
all of the things I collect with you I didn't
realize just how much I actually have!

After remodeling my kitchen two years ago
I decided that I wanted to incorporate
some of my rooster pieces...

of course that meant searching for some new ones to
add to the few I had,


which of course totally gets out of hand
because when you happen upon another rooster
and the price is too good to pass up

you think, well I can fit in a few more!
Then it seems that you keep stumbling upon other items
that really fit in with the new kitchen

like this really neat spice rack from Japan!
It's got roosters on it...see?

Well you can imagine where this is going...
one spice rack leads to another
and another!
I happen to begin most of my collections without
even realizing it, one little thing catches  my
eye and I bring it home like this
sweet little 'Prayer Lady'.
She seems innocent enough doesn't she?
Well she was not to be left alone and before
I new it the universe conspired to
practically throw them at my feet and
then,

her friends had moved in!
Now tell me has this ever happened to you???

            

11 comments:

  1. Oh, this made me laugh! Looks like you have some wonderful and fun collections. All the roosters reminded me of the elusive chicken butter dish from my husbands childhood that we've been looking for forever more... We've found some that look similar to how Daniel remembers it, and maybe one day, we'll find THE ONE in a thrift store. :) Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only person with a very active collector's gene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your collections, especially the roosters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe, I don't know what to tell you . . . but my shelves loaded with roosters, angels, fairies, salt and pepper shakers, and sugar and cream sets speak loud and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, happens to me all the time, I bring home something that caught my eye and before I know it, they've multiplied! lol Love all your roosters:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Diva, this post is funny. I think the majority of us have that "collecting" bug in our system.
    Your rooster collection is wonderful. And you have some wonderful green glass pieces. I have a small collection of pink glass. You are so right about picking up one thing and then it eventually turns into a collection.
    I love going into old shops that are filled to the gills with old stuff. There is always something "special" to be found.
    I enjoyed seeing your collections. Thanks for sharing!
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 4 sets of roosters but I have to say...you've got some beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all these roosters! My mom collects those for her kitchen too. It seems poultry are good kitchen critters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I know exactly what you mean. :) It seems like I 'adopt' more and more things every month. Pretty soon I will be living on the front lawn. Love your roosters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to laugh when I read this, as you know my nick name is Chickki and that is because my husbands nick name is Rooster. That being said, I have a huge collection of chickens and roosters! I have everyone of these and many many more. I have actually had to put some away in boxes, it is amazing to see all the different styles and shapes of this little bird. Mu hubby just keeps them coming. My secret is I have always wanted a horse collection...shhhh don't tell him!

    I will have to send pictures someday so we can compare. You will have to agree with me when I say they are dust collectors. Gotta love them though!

    Thanks for sharing your Roosters! They are addictive!
    Hugs
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've out done me, for sure! I have a few rooster items in my kitchen, but you win! :o) Love the spice jars! My pride and joy in my kitchen is a rooster tea kettle that I love to use. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete