Monday, February 22, 2010

More Baskets???

...well not really, but you see my love of baskets
carries over to my love of vintage pottery so
I am drawn to pieces that have a
basketweave pattern...
The pattern is a little hard to see on this piece
as it's a small egg cup but I love
the handpainted flowers.

This is another 'made in japan' piece,
you can see the basketweave a little better
in this photo.

...anothet 'MIJ' piece and

another.
I think it's not only the muted colors
and handpainted accents I'm drawn to
but also the textural element.

Here my love of green pottery overlaps
the love of basketweave.

The textural elements are also carried
over to this beehive pattern...



Are you starting to see how one thing leads
 to another ???
These were too cute to pass up and since
one of my favorite books is 'The Secret Life of Bees'
well I had to bring them home!
(if you've never seen these before, they are vintage
stackable measuring cups)
I started out sharing basketweave patterns
and somehow ended up with beehives...
this is precisely how I end up spending hours scouring
antique and vintage shops whenever I can.
One last basketweave piece,which also
happens to be green is this McCoy
planter, I have a few in several
different sizes.
I'll stop here for today because you just know
this is leading somewhere else...

12 comments:

  1. I'm so enjoying seeing your beautiful collections and these pieces are no exception! I've never thought of the basket weave design on pottery before but now I'll be on the lookout for it:-) Oh yes, isn't that always the case, one collection leads to another! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great collection of basket weave and beehive pieces. I really don't know which is my favorite!
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. My husband is doing well, no changes in a month so that is promising. Thank you for all of your prayers. I will keep you posted.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green pottery basket with the basket weave!

    You know, I love baskets too. I am really into metal and wire ones...and the old egg gathering baskets are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria -- these are so cool -- as a collection or individually. (Individually-speaking, my mom had the bee-hive measuring cups when I was a kid and I remember breaking one of the bee-handles off. Oops! I hope yours is in better shape!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diva, thank you for the visit. I love the basket weave too. Those measuring cups are just too cute. Never saw any like them.

    beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little measuring cups, they are so cute. Are the little bees the handles?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Diva! I really like these because I really like the texture and detail. I'm totally taken with your taste and collections! And I must admit, I adore the little bees on the beehives!!

    I may have to pay your a finders fee to shop for me! And, yes, I'm serious! You have a nose for the good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow! These are soooo cool! I especially love all the bee pottery! Those measuring cups are the cutest!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diva, Beautiful basketweave collection. You have a great eye for the details and these special pieces reflect that so well. I love the shamrock treasures too. The measuring cups are adorable. Love bee hive designs.

    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comments.
    Have a wonderful day,(it's snowing in Texas again)
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Diva...I particularly fancy the beehives!
    Enjoy your day...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey sweetie, these are cool and very cute basketweave treasures. I'm lovin' the buzzin' little bee collection.

    God bless and have yourself the best day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to say- I totally agree about the zip off pants!!! I have ALWAYS said that!

    ReplyDelete