Sunday, February 7, 2010

Meet Nikki

   Good morning everyone! Well the sun is shining today and the snow is glistening and keeping things rather icy here in NJ. I had some inquiries after yesterday's post regarding the dogs in the picture. They are not my dogs, notice the small diclaimer stating the images are from google. My own dog would not venture out until we had cleared a path for her, she is rather short and was buried up to her shoulders when she attempted to get out the door. Please let me introduce you to Nikki...

She is a 12 year old Shiba Inu, very sweet and a little shy,

but has the sweetest disposition.

When she's happy her tail curls in the air
and when she's nervous she tucks it down!

She loves the cold weather much more so than
 the heat of summer.

She was the cutest little puppy...

an had alot more orange in her coat than she has now. Her face has gotten more white in it as she ages.
Her color is known as Red Sesame but her breed does come in several other colors. She looks similar to an Akita and is a Japanese breed of dog as well. Nikki is only about 14 inches at the shoulder and weighs about 25 lbs.
We've had folks some say she looks like a fox,
although a very well fed one!
Hope you all enjoyed meeting our Nikki!
 

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing Nikki! She looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki's gorgeous! Silke and I have wondered whether our Winslow might be part sheba inu, but he refuses to tell us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diva! She is gorgeous! And I do think she looks like a fox. Her tail behaves the same way my pug's does. When he's sad (or in trouble - haha!) it goes down. When he's happy, it curls up and wags. Most of the time it's curly. :) What a storm, huh? We are still digging out! Stay warm - xox Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, I'm just like all the other people who don't look closely enough for the photo credits. Darn me! Drat!

    Nikki is such a cutie! As you know, I like dogs just a wee bit. If she's missing.....I don't know anything about it, Diva. Honest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweety! She is adorable...
    Thanks for introducing us too bad we can't pet her.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet pet. You tell she gets lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Nikki, its nice you have a girl among all those men.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful she is!!

    Thank you for the sweet comments you leave on Bella Vista...how dear you are!

    Blessings, Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. she's beautiful, diva!! she looks like a great friend to have.....and i'll bet she keeps all of your secrets, too!! dogs are great for keeping secrets....
    hugs, :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, Nikki is precious!!! Lucky, lucky, you!! : )
    M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful dog Nikki is! I was going to say she reminds me of a fox when I first saw her picture:) I just love her colouring and I can well imagine the wonderful companion she must make! xoxo

    ReplyDelete