http://www.magicmiraclesjoy.blogspot.com/ . I am always amazed that anyone is even interested in reading my blog much less recognizing me with an award so here I sit eating pie! I have been instructed to list ten things about myself and then pass this award on to ten more bloggers, no easy feat I tell you. Please bear with me as I try to share things you may not know about me.
1. I am a Christian who continues to struggle with a 'past' but marches onward to know God better.
2. I am married to a wonderfully sweet man, it'll be 19 years in May!
3. We have 5 sons, the oldest being 32, so if you're doing the math in your head right now you're confused. We are a blended family, two sons are his from a previous marriage, two sons are mine from a previous marriage and then we have one of our own! They are ages 32, 31, 29,29,16.
4. Despite the series the 'Brady Bunch' I can tell you that a blended family was not always easy but has proven to be our greatest source of joy.
5. I was a single parent for ten years before Bill and I were married so my sons and I have a very special bond.
6. I consider myself to be a 'Jack of all Trades' as I worked many jobs during those ten years. I painted landscapes in a huge warehouse, went to school at night and got a certificate in floral design. Worked for a florist and returned to school to get my dental radiologist's license and then went to work for a dental practice. I continued to study and went to work as a dental technician and bookkeeper in a dental laboratory, where I met my husband. Night jobs during this time included, selling christmas trees & designing wreaths for sale, selling and caring for plants in a greenhouse and cleaning office space at night.
7. Since the age of nine my dream was to be an 'Artist' and I even went to art school for one year at 'Moore College of Art' in Philadelphia. Life happened and I never got to realize my dream, that is until a few years ago. I decide to use my art skills and donate my work to help our church Youth Group raise money for mission trips.
8. I am an adult leader in our Youth Group and have worked with Jr. & Sr. High students. We have done mission work in Kalamazoo, MI , Richmond,VA, New Haven, CT, on The Nez Perce Indian Reservation in Idaho and locally. I enjoy spending time with these amazing young people and while my role is to teach them God's Word I find that they often teach me so much more.
9. My hobbies include, gardening, cooking, cross stitch, sewing and quilting.
10. One of my favorite places in the world is our weekend cabin getaway in central PA. It is situated in the middle of Bald Eagle State Forest and I am blessed to see God's glory in nature when we're there.
Well that was probably much more than you ever wanted to know about me but this award is about 'honest blogging'. I am sure that all of you are honest in your writing but I believe this award is to go to those of you who open your closet doors a little wider and let the skeletons out! For sharing your heartfelt words and putting yourself out there with your blogs I award the 'Honest Scrap Award' (in no particular order) to the following bloggers:
PJ of 'Seens From the Backs of My Eyelids' http://www.thebacksofmyeyelids.blogspot.com/
Jane of 'The Painted House' http://www.paintedhouse52.blogspot.com/
Rachel of 'Rachel Cox Designs' http://www.rachelcox.blogspot.com/
Lulu of 'Normal is a Cycle on a Washing Machine' http://www.serendipitylulu.blogspot.com/
Sara of 'Mama Craft' http://www.mama-craft.blogspot.com/
Katherine of 'Just a Girl' http://www.katherineq.blogspot.com/
Karen of 'Journey to Spirit Through Art & Creativity' http://www.deldino.blogspot.com/
Chrissie of 'In His Grace' http://www.chrissiegrace.blogspot.com/
Renee of 'Circling My Head' http://www.circlingmyhead.blogspot.com/
Marie of 'A Year From Oak Cottage' http://www.ayearfromoakcottage.blogspot.com/
There are so many of you who have touched me, made my heart skip a beat, and caused me to pause & ponder...you are all Honest scrap Award worthy!