Thursday, October 29, 2009

Taking a Little Road Trip


   Hi Everyone!!! I know I have been absent more often than not these last few weeks. Since my sister started her chemotherapy treatments I've been busy helping her as much as possible and haven't had as much time as I would have liked for posting. I have continued to visit most of you and when time permitted left a comment or two. Visiting all my friends in blogland is a wonderful way for me to recharge my batteries, you have all been so sweet and supportive that my heart is uplifted with each comment you leave. This wonderful community is a great source of inspiration and support and I thank you all!
   My sister has a short break from her treatments now but begins chemotherapy and radiation on Nov. 16th for a six to seven week period. She has been blessed by all your prayers and encouragement and has had little nausea. She is however experiencing a great deal of pain and severe flu like body aches and is exhausted. Hopefully this little break will help and strengthen her for the next round so please continue to pray as I truly believe this helps!
   Since we are between treatments we have chosen to take a little road trip before the holiday frenzy begins. My youngest son is off from school for Teacher's Convention and it will be the only chance we get for a break before Christmas. I am hoping this little diversion will strengthen us all for the battle that is ahead.
   Although my time has been devoted to my sister of late I wanted you all to know how much I appreciate your support and while I may not be able to post as often as before I am still here and enjoying every visit with each of you!!!

                         God Bless You All !!!

                               Diva

14 comments:

  1. Oh Diva enjoy this break! I am asking the Lord for a refreshing for all of you! Strength for both of you and JOY unspeakable! Traveling mercies and that Angels are surrounding your car and a hedge of protection on the road!!! May the Lord just give you a time of laughter for it is good for the body!!

    My dad has been experiencing weakness and is frustrated. His chemo is once every 3 weeks so we are praying he continues to get strong before he goes back for another treatment!

    Bless you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll continue to keep your sister in my prayers. Enjoy your road trip and your time with family.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. i continue to keep you, your sister and your family in my prayers, sweet diva. many blessings and much enjoyment to all of you as you share this precious time together!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sweet Diva. I know this is such a difficult and busy time for you. I just want you to know that you both continue to be in my prayers. It's so thoughtful of you to take a mini trip before the next round. I pray that the Lord will continue to bless you both with strenght and comfort. I hope the trip is fun and relaxing and that you enjoy lots of laughs together.

    Take care and have a safe trip. We'll be waiting here for you when you get back. (hopefully with all the fun details).
    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diva, I hope you and Ceil and your son have an absolutely wonderful time. It's the best time of year and, if you head south a bit, we still have leaves changing color! Make sure to bring your camera!!! Prayers continue. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a fun and safe trip! Tell us all about it when you get back. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and your sister strength and endurance, and praying for healing! Being a sister isn't always easy - I have one too. Hope you have a good road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging word, it meant alot to me and I'm feeling better. I hope your sister is feeling better and that you enjoy this much deserved time away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diva, Did you receive your Giveaway goodies? PLMK. Thanks so much, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello dear Diva, please know that my thoughts and prayers are with your sister. She is so blessed to have you helping her through all of this and I do hope that this little road trip is a fun one for all of you:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diva, I'm certainly going to put your sister in my prayers. I'm so glad you have the opportunity to spend a litte quality time together. Love to you!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will certainly add your precious sis to my prayer list. I popped in from Monas and so glad I did. Take care, your sis is blessed to have you.

    As we say down here in the Ozark hills and hollers, Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diva don't worry at all. You are doing the most important thing right now.

    Love to you dear one and your sister.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete