Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wisdom Shared


"There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under my jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life - whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts."



Elizabeth Gilbert

American Novelist and Short Story Writer

4 comments:

  1. Ms. Gilbert sure said it all, how blessed we are to have so many choices and even if sometimes we don't make the best or right choices, they are still OURS to make:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true, so true. Since my husband passed away back in July, life suddenly all changed, but I have to make a choice for myself to go on and live. I can be negative or I can be positive, I'll choose to be positive. Life is "too" short . . grab all you can and enjoy it! Sandy:O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quote from Elizabeth Gilbert. Life is too short to spend it with people who bring you down, or things that don't make you happy. Every day we get to choose how we spend our minutes....choose wisely because we don't get seconds on our minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's speaking directly to me, Diva. I've been saying these things to myself over the past couple of days.

    ReplyDelete